Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Digging On the Net: Episode 1

A new little edition I thought I'd make. Every time I happen to come across something interesting, like a picture or a video on the web, I'll show it to everyone in post like this. So, let's get on with this, shall we?


You're probably wondering what the video is from. Well I don't much, but I heard it might be part of a new special on either the History or Discovery Channels. As for what the Dinosaurs are exactly, I have little to no idea. The little herbivores seem to be either a type of Hypsilophodontid, or more likely a type of Heterodontosaurid due to the presence of tusks, but as to which species they belong to I don't have the slightest clue. However, I do not understand why the creatures lack cheeks, as we have evidence that they were present in both lineages.

The Theropod I'm a bit more stumped on though. When I saw the first image of it I thought it was a Dilophosaurus with a badly deformed crest, but I changed my mind with the next scene and thought it was some kind of Allosaurid or Ceratosaurid. Then I saw the front limbs I began to realize that it is most likely a type of advanced Neovenatorid, possibly Megaraptor or Australovenator.

If I find any news about the video in the future, I'll make sure to post something about it. Until then, stay sharp and have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Its Austrolovenator and some ornithopods. The show was on here in Australia about the Lark Quarry stampede.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was? Well thanks for clearing that up for us Mitch. Do you by chance know what the show was called?

      Delete